17 May 2008

When life gives you lemons

I was going to make this post about the highly intelligent people I work with who are our hostesses (did I mention they were good looking too). 

But alas, something happened at the end of the night that I can't get my mind off. It's because I'm sitting here in major pain.

All week long I've been home sick with a bad cold and fever and finally I feel good today. I ate a big dinner before going in to work. Normally as the night progresses at work I pick at the food we have, but not today. That is, until the very end when I got thirsty.

I want to apologise in advance to all of the people I've ever served a dirty glass unknowingly to. Your server is your last line of defense against a dirty glass. 

Think about it, when that glass is full of imitation expensive wine or imitation expensive vodka/cranberry, you don't see what we may see. So usually, we do try to send a less than stellar glass back to the non-english speaking dishwashers to get properly cleaned.

Tonight I was so thirsty and was really in a hurry to leave that I grabbed a glass, didn't check it and drank lemonade. 

I consumed absolutely nothing from 3 p.m. until midnight.  

Then that glass of lemonade turned my stomach within 3 minutes flat. 

I'm in so much pain right now.

On top of that I have to be up in five hours to train a crop of new people at my other job.

Ok, enough complaining.  

My tables and customers were all good. Some days I just wonder about the people who seat you. But I'll talk about that another day 

No comments: